About Filtering Responses
Sometimes, you need to find a particular response or a subset of responses in order to send reminders or view your scheduled invites. For example, you might want to look into the Sales department data or send a reminder to those who have not answered your survey yet. No matter how specific your needs are, you can filter your response list.
To filter responses, you have to:
- Go to your survey and select responses on the side menu. If the menu is closed, click on the menu icon () to open it first.
- Click on the filter button and the filter responses side menu will open.
- You have the following options to filter responses, and you can add as many filters as necessary to drill down through your responses:
- Search by respondent name or email address: Type an email address or a name in the search field.
- Invitation status: Filter by scheduled invitations or invitations whose delivery failed.
- Response status: Filter by the response status.
- Time period for latest updates: Filter by the time period based on the latest updates of the response.
- Background variables: Filter by the survey background variables you've created.
- Categories: Filter by the categories you've created.
- Once you're done adding all filters, click the apply button to filter the response list and close the edit response side menu.
Filter Anonymous Surveys
Even though your survey is anonymous you will still be able to filter your responses, however, to protect anonymity there are some restrictions:
- When the response list is not filtered, the response status will not be shown by color.
- If there are less than 6 responses that match your filters, Enalyzer will only show you the number of responses that match and not a list of the specific responses.
- If there are more than 6 responses that match your filters, Enalyzer will display the list of responses without displaying their response status.
- You are not able to view the response logs or answers. You can always download your response data file to Excel, CSV, or SPSS to view individual responses.