About Two-Factor Authentication
Add an extra layer of security with two-factor authentication (2FA). It provides stronger security for your Enalyzer account by protecting it with both your password and your phone.
Logging in with your email and password is considered a single-factor authentication. 2FA adds an extra layer of security, in the case of Enalyzer an auto-generated 6-digit code. Therefore, logging into your account will work differently:
- Whenever you log into your account, you'll have to enter your email and password as usual.
- You'll be asked to enter a 6-digit verification code which is automatically generated by the authentication app you're using.
Without 2FA, you only have your password to protect your account. With 2FA, if someone gets hold of your password, they'll still need your phone to get into your account. Furthermore, the authentication app will constantly generate new codes for you to use when logging in. Each code can only be used once before it expires.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication
To enable 2FA, all you have to do is:
- Click on your name in the top-right corner of your account and select account from the dropdown.
- Under user information, click on configure two-factor authentication.
- Download and install one of the following authenticating apps:
- Google Authenticator
- Duo Mobile
- Windows Phone Authenticator
- Open the authentication app, click on the + icon at the top right corner of the app, and scan the QR code available inside your account.
- Enter the 6-digit verification code and click enable.
Next time you log into your account, you'll be asked for your email, password, and authentication code.
In case you lose your two-factor access, we use your phone number as a backup. Please make sure the phone number you've provided us with is up-to-date.