This feature is available in the Professional subscription. Check out our plans.
Conditions are useful when you want to send respondents down different survey paths based on variables like question responses or background information. Depending on how respondents answer certain questions, they will take different routes through the survey.
Conditions are added to the question that should be shown if the condition is fulfilled. For example, if you want to show questions to employees in the Marketing department, the conditions are added to the set of questions.
To add conditions, all you have to do is:
- Select the question to which you want to add the condition and click settings.
- Click the add condition button.
- Select the question or background variable for the condition.
- Select the response option. This is the response option the respondent has to select to be directed to the specified question, i.e. this is the condition.
- When you're done, click add.
Add as many conditions as you need. These will be AND conditions, which means that all conditions have to be fulfilled for the question to be displayed to the respondents.
- Your conditions will now appear under your question settings.
- You are always able to see which questions contain conditions from the survey content overview. They are marked with the survey element number that the condition is based on:
- Go to your survey, and click on the question whose condition you want to delete.
- Click on settings.
- Scroll to the bottom, under conditions, to see a list of the conditions this question has.
- Click on the remove icon () next to the condition you want to delete and it will be deleted immediately.