About Point Distribution Questions
Point Distribution questions allow respondents to distribute numerical values throughout different response options.
Add Point Distribution Questions
To add Point Distribution questions to your survey, all you have to do is:
- Go to your survey, click the add survey element icon (), and choose question.
- Select point distribution and click next.
- Type in your question and change the typography (bold, italic, and underline).
Use the merge field dropdown menu to insert your respondents' background information or their answers to previous questions.
- Add the response options. You can copy, move, sort, and delete them using the actions menu.
Press the ↵ enter key to add a new response option, instead of clicking the add response options button.
If you have the response options in an external document such as Word, you can copy/paste the response options and add them in bulk.
- When you are satisfied with your question, click next.
- Now you can set up the question settings:
- Require answer: This setting is enabled by default. Disable it if you don’t want your question to be mandatory.
- Decimals: Enable this setting to allow respondents to enter decimals.
- Constraint (distribute exactly): This setting requires the respondent to distribute the exact amount/value between the given response options. If you wish to change this, click on the dropdown menu and select another constraint: distribute maximum or distribute minimum.
- Amount/value: Enter the total amount/value that is going to be distributed by the respondents.
- Randomize response options: Enable this setting to ensure the order of response options is not the same for all respondents.
- Unit: Enter the relevant unit e.g. percentage or a currency. The percentage unit is set as default.
- When you have finalized your question and customized the settings, click add.
Point Distribution Questions in Response Data Downloads
You can download your survey responses from Enalyzer for several purposes. You can use the file for analysis in other software, share it with your team, or import it to another Enalyzer survey.
In the response data download, Point Distribution questions are split up. You'll find a column for each response option. Each column has a header in the format “Question Number _ Response Option” to clarify the question and response option the column is referring to. For example in the table below "1_1".
By default, in each respondent's row, each response option in the question will be displayed with the value submitted by the respondent. Read about data formats here.
Point Distribution Questions in Reports
You can use Frequency Charts to visualize the data collected by Point Distribution questions. You'll get an average calculation of the distribution of each response option.