In general terms, a webhook is how applications communicate with each other automatically. In other words, a message is sent over the web, which is triggered automatically whenever a specific event occurs.
Webhooks are intended for users who know how to handle them. Please note that we cannot troubleshoot your code or give step-by-step development instructions.
Create an Incoming Webhook Automation
The incoming webhook automation is triggered when new respondent data comes in which prompts a survey email invitation to the respondent. To setup an incoming webhook automation, you have to:
- Go to the automations area () and click on Enalyzer in the side menu.
- In the side menu, click on Enalyzer.
- Click on create automation. If you already have one or more automations click on the add automation icon () to add an automation.
- Select the Webhooks option and click on incoming webhook.
- Select the survey you want to send out.
- Under incoming data, specify the data fields you want to include in your webhook by excluding or including the necessary fields.
To match the data to a survey variable, make sure you create the background variable before setting up the automation.
- You can add filter(s) to condition the automation, i.e. you can define filters that the incoming data needs to meet in order to run.
- Use the API key to set up your connection and once you've done that, test your connection. Once your connection is successful, click next.
- Now you need to map the data fields to the survey variables.
If there is a field that you don't want to upload or import, you can skip it.
- When you're done mapping, click next.
- Now you can set up the automation settings:
- Name: Name your automation.
- Message: Select the message that will be sent by the automation. Learn more about messages.
- Delay invitations: Enable the setting if you'd like to delay the invitations and select the number of days for the delay.
- When you have finalized your question and customized the settings, click next.
- Set the automation status. By default it is enabled, however, you can disable it before you create it.
- When you're ready to create your automation, click done.