About Chart Filters
You can filter charts by answers, time, and any survey background variable, e.g. age, department, unit, company, and more. Filtering and drilling down into your data gives you a better understanding of the state of your business.
Charts filters will only filter the selected chart, if you want to filter the entire report, read more about report filters.
Add Chart Filters
To add chart filters, you have to:
- Open the chart's editing menu. You can do this by clicking on your chart's heading or hovering over the chart, clicking on the checkbox (), clicking the actions menu, and selecting edit. This will open the edit chart side menu.
- Click on settings.
- Click on add chart filter.
- You now have the following options:
- Name: Name your filter.
- Ignore report filters: Enable this function if you want the chart filter(s) to ignore the report filter(s).
- Click the add filter button and select the variable you would like to filter your chart by.
- Define your filter selections and click save.
- Add as many filters as you need by repeating steps 5 and 6.
- Your changes will be saved immediately.
Questions & Background Variables Compatible with Filters
The following questions and background variables can be used to filter reports:
- Text background variables with text format
- Selection list background variables
- Date background variables
- Multiple choice questions
- Rating scale questions
- Image choice questions
- Input field questions
- Net Promoter Score® questions
- Recommendation Score questions