About Open Answer Questions
Open Answer questions allow your respondents to fill out their answers themselves in the text box provided.
Add Open Answer Questions
To add an Open Answer question, all you have to do is:
- Go to your survey, click on the add survey element icon () and choose question.
- Select open answer and click next.
- Type in your question and change the typography (bold, italic, and underline).
Use the merge field dropdown menu to insert your respondents' background information or their answers to previous questions.
- When you are satisfied with your question, click next.
- Now you can set up the question settings:
- Require answer: This setting is enabled by default. Disable it if you don’t want your question to be mandatory.
- "No comment" option: It enables you to require an open answer while at the same time giving respondents a way to opt out if they have nothing to elaborate on.
- When you have finalized your question and customized the settings, click add.
Open Answers are limited to 4.000 characters.
Open Answer Questions in Response Data Downloads
You can download your survey responses from Enalyzer for several purposes. You can use the file for analysis in other software, share it with your team, or import it to another Enalyzer survey.
In the response data download, Open Answer questions are found in one column. The text answers are displayed in each respondent's row.