Let's say you have an Employee Satisfaction report and you want to share the feedback from Sales to the manager, however, to keep things confidential, she shouldn't be able to see the feedback from the Marketing department. What do you do? You create different versions of your report and share those instead.
You can share report versions manually, but to save yourself time, especially if you have a lot of readers, you can share the versions in bulk by uploading a CSV file.
Step 1: Create the CSV file
Your CSV needs to include two headers:
- version ID - refers to the unique version ID for the version you are sharing.
- personal IDs - refers to the personal IDs of the organization members you're going to share the versions with.
Where are the version IDs?
If you bulk created the report versions and added version IDs to the CSV, you already have them! If you added them manually, you can find by:
- Go to your report and clicking on filters.
- Select the versions tab and click edit.
- You should be able to see the version ID for all your versions.
- Click on the version and you can copy the version ID and paste it in your CSV file.
Where are the personal IDs?
- Log into Enalyzer and select the organization you are sharing with.
- Click on the user menu at the top right and select organization.
- Select members in the side menu. If the menu is closed, click the menu icon () to open it first.
- You should be able to see the personal ID for all your organization members.
- Click on an organization member and you can copy the personal ID and paste it in your CSV file.
Step 2: Share report versions
- Go to your report, and select readers in the side menu. If the menu is closed, click on the menu icon () to open it first.
- Click the add readers button.
- Click on share versions.
- Import your CSV file.
- Map fields; personal ID to personal ID and version ID to version ID. Click next.
- Review the imported information and click share.