Enalyzer is a brilliant tool for marketing purposes and therefore you might want to share your survey with your customer, employees, etc. through a newsletter. Email marketing services such as MailChimp and SendGrid give customers tons of tracking possibilities. For this to be possible, they use link-tracking features to pass information about a specific campaign back to their reports.
For example, they will add a parameter called "utm_campaign" to the links you insert in your newsletter/email. However, adding parameters to Enalyzer links that are not set up as variables in your survey, will break the link.
Enalyzer links are designed to fail if a value outside of what is expected is fed into the link. To fix this, you have to add these parameters as background variables to your survey.
How do I fix it?
- First, you have to see which parameters are being added to your survey. To do this, set up the newsletter and send yourself a test.
- In the test email you receive, right click on the hyperlink/button that contains the Enalyzer survey link, copy the link and paste in notepad. It might look like this: https://surveys.enalyzer.com?pid=fpbbekq3&utm_campaign=53c8cfea6c-Sales-Campagin
- The Enalyzer survey link is: https://surveys.enalyzer.com?pid=fpbbekq3
- Everything after "&" are parameters that your email marketing application is adding to your links. In this case, the parameter being added is "utm_campaign".
- Now you have to add the parameter(s) as a background variable to your survey. Go to www.enalyzer.com.
- Go to your survey and select settings in the side menu. If the menu is closed, click on the menu icon () to open it first.
- Click on list of background variables.
- Click on the add background variable icon () *.
- Select text as the variable type.
- Click next.
- The name of your variable has to be exactly as the parameter. In this case, "utm_campaign".
- Click add to create your variable.
- To add variables to your link, simply add an ampersand (&) + the name of the variable.
- Go back to your email marketing application and insert your new survey link, which for this example would look like this: https://surveys.enalyzer.com?pid=k2k6p4qd&utm_campaign=
- Everything should be working now.
This feature is only available in the PRO and PRO+ plans. Check out our plans.