There are multiple reasons why you would need to update background variables. You might've forgotten to upload them when inviting respondents or something has changed or there was an error - again a multitude of reasons.
With Enalyzer, you can easily update your respondent's background variables. All you need to do is set up a CSV file with your respondents' unique ID and the variable information that you would like to update.
- To access your respondents' unique IDs, you have to download your CSV file. So, go to your survey and click on responses.
- Click on the options menu, select download and finally CSV. Remember to include your background variables. You can build your CSV further by deleting everything but the respondent IDs and adding the background variable(s) you want to update.
- If you want to start from scratch, open Excel and insert the respondent IDs and the background variable(s) you want to update.
- Save the new CSV as UTF-8 (comma delimited) and go back to the responses menu of your survey.
- Click on the options menu and select update background variables.
- Drag & drop or click to upload your CSV file.
- Map the fields by linking the fields from your CSV on the left to your survey variables on the right, i.e. map respondent ID to respondent ID and variable to variable. Once this is done click next.
- You'll be given an overview of the responses that will be updated and if everything looks good, you can click done to import and update.
- Your background variable(s) have been updated.
Note: you can update up to 10.000 responses