Send your respondents an email invitation to participate in your survey. Email invitations contain a button that links to a unique URL to your survey, meaning your respondents can only answer once, you can track their responses, and send reminders.
Remember to set your survey's degree of anonymity before inviting respondents.
- Go to your survey, and select share in the side menu (if the side menu is not open click the menu icon () to open it first).
- Select email.
- The sender information is taken from the settings of your survey. If the name and email are not specified, enter them but keep in mind that you can only change this if you go to the survey settings.
- Now you have the following options:
- If you already created a message for this survey, click on the drop-down menu under message and select your messages, search for your survey, select it, and finally search for your message.
- If you don't have a message, select start from scratch or default messages and choose from one of our ready-to-send messages.
- Click next.
- If necessary, you can edit the heading, opening, button, and closing text of your survey.
Pro tip: Use merge fields to personalize your invitation message.
- Click next. If you have several language versions, you will go through all languages before you reach step 8.
- Add an image, change the buttons' color and font of your invitation* and click next.
- You can now choose how you want to add your respondents. You can either upload or copy/paste your CSV file and/or enter the respondents manually. For more information about mapping fields with CSV file upload, click here.
- Once you have entered your respondent information, click add.
- Check the respondent data is correct and click next.
- Finally, choose whether or not you want to send now or schedule for later*.
- If you choose...
- send now, click next and send now.
- schedule for later, select the date and time you'd like your invitations to be sent, click next and schedule now.
- You will now be able to see an overview of your respondents.
Did you forget to invite someone? Do not despair, simply repeat these steps.