Adding variables to your survey link can be used for many different reasons, a popular use is to evaluate support agents.
Example: We want to send a survey to our customers after they have interacted with one of or support agents, in order to asses their individual performance. To do so, we will add the agent's details, name and email, to the survey link.
- Go to your survey, click on and select collect.
- Click on and select custom link.
- Under your survey's link, you'll find your survey's background variables. Specify the criteria for the background variables, e.g. first name: Jane. The background variables that you don't specify will not be part of your custom link.
- Your survey custom link will change when you specify a background variable.
- Copy the link and share it with your respondents.