Make sure that your respondents don’t abandon your survey due to irrelevant questions by creating customized paths for them.
You can easily do this by applying conditions to your survey elements. Conditions allow you to send your respondents down different paths in your survey based on their responses or background information.
We want to find out if Enalyzer is meeting people's survey needs and therefore we have the following questions:
- Have you used Enalyzer?
- Does Enalyzer meet your survey needs?
- Yes, my needs are met.
- No, my needs are not met.
- Thank you for your time
Those who don't use Enalyzer can't answer question #2, and we have to make sure they don't or else we'll end up with invalid data. In other words, we want the following:
- Question #2 is answered only by those that answered "Yes" to question #1.
- Question #3 is answered only by those that answered "No" to question #2.
This is easily done by adding conditions to questions 2 and 3.
- Click on the question you want to add a condition on.
For this example, it would be question 2.
- Click settings on the upper right corner.
- Click the add condition* button.
- Select the question or background information the condition will be based on.
For this example, we would choose question #1.
- Select the desired response option and click add. This is the response option the respondent has to select to be directed to the specified question, i.e. this is the condition.
For this example, the response option is "yes"
- Your conditions will now appear under your question settings.
- For this example, we would do the same for question #3, however, this time select "no" as a response option.
Remember to test your survey, to make sure the conditions work as you intended.
Want to see a live example? Click here.
We recommend you add conditions after you have added all your survey questions.
* This feature is available in the Professional subscription. Check out our plans.