Open answer questions allow your respondents to fill out their answer themselves in the text box provided.
How do I add open answer questions?
- Go to your survey, click on and choose question.
- Choose open answer and click next.
- Type in your question and change the typography (bold, italic, and underline). Use merge fields to personalize your survey.
- Click next, you now have the following option:
- Answer is required: This setting is enabled by default. Disable it if you don’t want the specific question to be mandatory.
- When you have finalized your question and customized the settings, click add.
Pro tip: It can be an advantage not to force a respondent to answer an open answer question, since the respondent may not have a relevant comment.
Open answer questions in reports
Open answer questions are only shown as speech bubbles in your reports.