Ensure that your respondents receive your survey in their native tongue by following these steps.
Translate the subject and email text
- Go to your survey and select share on the side menu. If the menu is closed, click the menu icon () to open it first.
- Select email.
- The sender information is taken from the settings of your survey. If the name and email are not specified, enter them but keep in mind that you can only change this if you go to settings.
- Now you have the following options:
- If you already created a message for this survey, click on the drop-down menu under message and select your messages, search for your survey, select it, and finally search for your message.
- If you don't have a message, select start from scratch or default messages and choose from one of our ready-to-send messages.
- Click next.
- If necessary, you can edit the heading, opening, button, and closing text of your survey.
Pro tip: Use merge fields to personalize your invitation message.
- Click next and repeat step 6 until you're done with all your languages.
- Add an image, change the buttons' color and font of your invitation* and click next.
Add language variable to respondents
Now that you've translated your text, it's vital that you add a language variable to your respondents to ensure that they receive the survey invitation in the correct language.
- You can now upload your CSV file.
- Your CSV file should include the language codes for each respondent. If a language code is missing, the respondent will receive the survey in the default language you've chosen. Click here for a list of the language codes for all of the languages we support.
- If you choose to enter the respondents manually, make sure to choose the correct language in the drop-down menu.
- Click add and use the drop-down menu to ensure that your respondents have the correct language attached to them.
- Click next and send now.
Enalyzer language codes
* This feature is only available with a Professional subscription. Check out our plans.