The Pareto principle states that 80% of effects come from 20% of the causes. By applying this to a chart, you will have values plotted in decreasing order of occurrence, organized from left to right. As a result, the chart illustrates which factors have the greatest impact and what problems need the most attention, making them extremely useful in a variety of situations.
Since 20% cause 80% of the effects, we want to identify the most pressing causes behind late arrival to work.
- Once you have collected your responses, create a report.
- Create a frequency chart. For this example, the frequency chart will be based on the above question.
- Click on the chart's title to edit the chart.
- Under layout, click on default sorting and select Pareto (80/20) rule. Your changes are saved automatically.
Looks like people need to start going to bed earlier...
- Close the edit chart menu to go back to your report.